background

Monday 3 December 2012

Cookie swap!

So tomorrow I'm taking part in my first ever cookie swap and in my usual fashion, I may have taken on more than I can chew. As I am making my own dress (and knitting the wrap to match) for a wedding next weekend, it's been a craft sweatshop in my house. I just didn't have time to type out, or print out and copy all the recipes for the cookies I made. I decided to save the planet a little and just post my recipes here instead. So here goes!

I began with an old favorite from home which are relatively healthy as cookies go.

Chocolate Fork Cookies

100g margarine
50g caster sugar
120g Self raising flour
15g (tbsp) cocoa powder

Preheat your oven to 355f

Beat all the ingredients together to form a paste.
Roll into walnut sized balls and place on a cookie tray.
Bake for 10-15 mins

My 2nd effort was a recipe that was given to me years ago and I've been unable to try as the UK doesn't sell peanut butter chips.

Banana Peanut Butter Cookies

2/3 cup ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups melted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1cup (tightly packed) brown sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups plain flour
2 cups peanut butter chips

Melt the butter
Stir in the sugars, salt and bicarb
Blend in the bananas
Mix in the flour gradually
Add the PB chips and stir til everything is incorporated

Chill the dough for 1-4 hours
Roll into walnut sized balls
Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown

The final cookie of the three is a simple sugar cookie recipe that was found on Pinterest and you can see the recipe here. http://pinterest.com/pin/221943087857897259/

Fingers and toes crossed I don't poison anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment