background

Monday 10 December 2012

The Big Easy

I've made many wonderful new friends here in the south and this weekend two of those lovely people tied the knot in New Orleans. I was lucky enough to be able to join them and decided to make along weekend of it. There were a lot one teachers from my school attending and by Thursday lunchtime the exodus had started. 3pm saw myself, MJ & Brooke sitting in the bar at the airport. Hey, it was five o'clock somewhere!

We hit the ground running, heading straight out to Pat O'Brien's (home of the hurricane) to meet other wedding guests. From there, we wandered the rest of Bourbon Street, picking up beads along the way. They throw those things hard!

I'll admit, there was a LOT of booze consumed, but the next day I was fine. We kicked things off a with a hearty breakfast, then headed out to grab a streetcar. We rode it all the way to the end of the line at the French Market and meandered our way back home via Cafe Du Monde (and beignets, naturally) and Jackson Square. I even tried the Gator Jambalaya! I'm not a fan ;-) Friday evening brought the rehearsal dinner, this first I've ever attended, as its not a part of UK weddings.

The day of the wedding could not have been more glorious, and the bride was absolutely radiant. I even got a little sunburnt at the outside ceremony ;-) Another new tradition for me was the cake pull. Such a sweet idea and I was thrilled to have my wee charm as a souvenir of such a wonderful day. I had the most amazing time and the evidence is below. Yet, another pic spam ;-) enjoy!

























No comments:

Post a Comment