background

Thursday 17 November 2016

He ain't heavy, he's my baby

So we've been doing a bit of travelling, the boy and I. We visited a pal in Bristol last weekend then headed on down the country to Stonehenge to stay with a mummy pal. Her wee man has been under the weather, her hubs is away so we thought we'd come keep her company for a while.

Bet she regrets that now.

You see we must have picked up a bug, maybe at Bristol Aquarium, & my poor wee dude has been so ill. Diarrhoea, projectile vomiting...the works. When his eyes rolled in his head and he went floppy, we called an ambulance, diagnosed with gastroenteritis, we came back to ride it out only for my friend and I to get food poisoning the next day. Talk about disastrous! We had to call my hubs to come nurse us!

Being sick with a tiny baby is hard. Being sick with a 6 & 9.5 month old who are both poorly but still want to play is hell. So here is my advice.

You aren't a superhero so cut yourself some slack,
Call in the cavalry. Take whatever help is offered and take it with a smile cause you need it.
Hydrate hydrate, hydrate
Screw the laundry, send someone to Tesco for new jammies or sleepsuits and go back to bed.
Antibacterial wipes, hand gel & bottles of water are your new best friends so get that pal you sent to Tesco to stock up.
Make a comfy nest with blankies, pillows & favourite toys. Blankets can go through a hot wash to kill germs. Much easier than trying to clean a duvet. They're great for layering too, so you can change your level of warmth as your body temp goes up & down.

It will pass. Yes, right now I feel like I've been hit by a bus. My body aches from retching, my head hurts and the room is swimming, but I'm still cuddling my poor sweet boy who would only sleep on mama tonight, no matter how much daddy tried to relieve me. We have turned a corner and things will get better. Don't give up hope...you've got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment