background

Tuesday 6 December 2016

''Tis the season!

It's the most wonderful time of the year, and we are shrugging off the the doom and gloom of illness to don our brightest most cheerful duds. I adore Christmas. The sparkle and lights and shiny shiny lovelies just lift my heart. My wonderful husbeast is a bit of a grinch, but three Christmases in and he's slowly coming around...he's even offered to wear a Christmas jumper this year! The last few years, the school I work at has taken part in the Save The Children Christmas Jumper Day event. On Friday 16th December, all across the U.K. People will dust off their favourite Christmas jumper and wear it for charity. Jamie, Phil and I will be taking part at home and so I thought I'd round up some of my favourite Christmas sweaters in case you fancy joining us. I will apologise now, cos this post is super pic heavy.

First up is Evans:
A little pricey for the novelty market, they range from £25-£38 and run from truly cheesy to the slightly more tasteful ivory fair isle (I might yet go back for that!)
 
 
 

I was a little disappointed in their efforts this year. Prices run from £15-£28 and the candy cane version wasn't too bad in person but I didn't bother buying.
 
 

I won't lie, I'm so so tempted by the "Handsoff my pudding" one. For real. If it wasn't just a tee shirt I'd have pulled the trigger already, but the weather has finally turned and jumpers are essential. 
 

George @Asda had a slightly better selection. I've got the gingerbread house & the baubles sitting in my online basket waiting to go once all my gifts are bought, as I'm just not convinced I can resist them.
 
 

 


Tesco had a range, but to be honest I still feel that they are a little pricey for something you can wear such a short time. I quite like the calories don't count one, and I'm tempted by the Disney holidays red jumper too. 
 
 

My final contender is Peacocks and that is where I got the sweater I'm wearing today. At £16 it is soft and warm, if a little thin. The colours are bright and I love the vintage feel to the pattern


 
 



My little Elf and I also checked out Primark today, but I was underwhelmed 

 

So what beauties have you discovered? Feel free to share your festive finds with us, and definitely come join us on the 16th to raise some funds for charity! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment