background

Sunday 15 January 2017

Collecting Collectif - the sale haul!

A good ten years ago, my mama took me to a small store in London selling reproduction vintage style clothing. She bought me a dress, which I kept in my wardrobe and only wore for special occasions, and when I was feeling brave. Fast forward to today, and as my regular readers will know, I'm wearing my vintage gear full time and I've rekindled my love of Collectif Clothing. They recently had a fantastic sale, and as a wee birdie in one of my fb groups had warned me it was imminent, I'd been perusing the site for a while, mentally filling my basket. I was a canny shopper and had been hoarding my Christmas monies to spend there and so I filled my boots. I've only worn a few of the things, so I'll be reviewing my pieces here and there.

First up, the wonderful Pippa dungarees and Chrissie Fair Isle sweater.

So  the waist of these is just like a normal pair of jeans, except with the zip at the side, so you can flop the pinafore down and tuck the straps in if you like. I'm a UK 18/20 waist and have always sized up to the 22 for my boobs. As there is no back, and the straps adjust, I probably could have stuck to a 20, but I'm not a fan of tight denim, and this is a good solid weight denim, so these are perfect for me. The button is a bit stiff, but I'm pretty sure it will loosen up with usage. The sweater is divine. Double knit, so super warm, and just the right length for me in the body too. The sleeves have enough give to be comfortable and hit my elbow just right. It's washed like a dream, making me very glad I bought it in both green and blue!

Next up is the red check Caterina dress

I ADORE THIS DRESS. Oh my goodness it's such a delight! The fabric has a similar feel to a brushed cotton, so I think it will work all year round. The sleeves are generous, which is often something companies forget when sizing up for us larger lovelies. I get so frustrated when I buy a dress that fits beautifully everywhere but cuts me off above the elbow. These have a bit of give, but don't look baggy. My only complaint is the belt. There is no prong/notch fastening, it just slides, and every time I bend or sit it loosens and dangles when you stand back up. I'm toying with trying to order this in the green/blue check too. 

I'm not much of a trouser person, but I did buy the Bonnie cigarette pants.


I loved the feel of these, and the size 20 was the right choice. It was pretty big in the waist, but comfortable around my tummy, and I loved how they looked, however within an hour of this photo being taken, the seam in the right leg had ripped open all down the tummy, and the left was starting to rip.


Now the customer service people are usually fantastic, so I have no doubts that they will sort it out for me once business hours start again tomorrow, but I was so disappointed as I really loved these. 

Today's ensemble is the Elsa skirt and Alma cardigan

No issue with this belt, and I like how the waist sits higher and has a wee arch detail to the front. The fabric is a little thin, but feels nice and looks like it will hold its shape well. The pleats are in a nice position, and though the skirt is a little long, I'm happy with it. The cardigan is deliciously thick and toasty and the cabling pops really well. The sleeves are very long, coming all the way to my finger tips, but the cuff is strong and holds up easily enough. It is true to size, and generally gorgeous all round, so again, I'm glad I bought it in green too. 

So far, apart from the hiccup with cigarette trousers, I am loving my haul! Collectif remain one of the few companies who do decent plus size items, particularly in tops/blouses and these guys in particular have a lot of feeding friendly items. 

Keep your eyes peeled for part two and the rest of the haul 😉



2 comments:

  1. lovely stuff! I too have an addiction to Collectif clothes..its very dangerous indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is. Those and Miss Candyfloss are my downfall 😂

    ReplyDelete