background

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Maiden Braids tutorial

So as you know, I have a lot of hair. So much so that despite it being past my shoulders, if I had just two plaits on either side of my head, they become these short stubby wee things that are maybe 2" long...utterly useless for pretty over the head maiden braids, hell they wouldn't even meet in the middle! So I have found a way to work around that. For me to have workable plaits, after creating a centre parting I need to split each side into three section and plait each of those having six working plaits to finish.
 

I then pin the back two plaits across the back
 

At this point I have two choices. I can either pin the middle section across the back too, or add it to the front. This time I chose to pin them back. 
 

Finally the two front plaits are pinned across the top. 
 

Use as many pins as you need to feel secure....which for me is about a million. Finish with a blast of your favourite hairspray and a pretty bow or flower. 

Et voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment