background

Friday 2 April 2010

I can't get no...na na na..I'm in gitmo..no no no

Seasoned torturers have a lot to learn. It really doesn't need to be a time consuming drawn out process for them. They can throw away their bamboo splinters and pliers etc, cos all they really need is the tummy bug bacteria. Just infect your prisoner, leave to stew for a bit, then sit back and wait for the info to come to you. I'm telling you peeps, after 24 hours battling vomiting and diarrhoea, most peeple would sell their momma to satan if they thought that it would give them their life back!

As you can likely guess, I've been afflicted with the dreaded stomach flu. I was so excited this week, thinking that I would be posting about my first week back at work and seeing all my cherubs again, but no, here it is.....flu!

I did make it in to work this week, and I had such a wonderful welcome from all my babies. The kids really made me feel at home again, which I really needed after so long away. I was terrified about going back. I mean I had been away so long, and they'd had such a mixed up time with different teachers, and sometimes even teaching assistants teaching their class. I didn't know what sort of reaction I would get, but bless their little hearts, they all had a smile and a story they were desperate to share with me.

Unfortunately, smiles and stories weren't the only thing they were sharing :( I had a full house on monday, but by Tuesday's registration we'd dropped by 2 people, Wednesday saw several more sent home. Personally, I'm not quite sure how I got through Wednesday. I did have to go home at lunch and lie down, but by that evening I was sleeping (in the loosest sense of the word) in the bathroom. Strangely enough, I didn't make it in to work on the Thursday. I was annoyed, because I really wanted to finish my first week back, but how could I know that my cherubs would be so generous with their germs?

I've lost nearly 7 pounds in 48 hours....not my idea of the ideal diet :(

No comments:

Post a Comment